[arg_discuss] Giving credit where credit is due (ARGdb credits) (Vladimir Alexeev)

Vladimir Alexeev vladiweb at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 11 07:59:47 EDT 2009

Lurking at the discussions about credits and beeing glad the whole database
becomes structures and system - my great respect to everyone here.

My 2 cent is a question (even if a question can be seen as a productive
contribution :-)).
Anyway, I made some grassroots with an anonymous PM (even after working
endless weeks with him I don't really know his identity). In some cases we
were only 2 or 3 PMs the whole time, but our goal was to keep in secret who
is a PM of the actual game till the end or sometimes forever (which is, as I
suppose, an often practice by the no-name-PMs, especially by PMs who becomes
one after beeing known as usual ARG player at uF etc. It was for me a little
bit complicated not to take part on our own ARG, even if my co-players asked
me for help - I was PM and uF-threads were taboo).

So how can we handle with grassroot ARGs which are long running, but its PMs
are trying to keep in secret their identities till the end? Since it seems
to be an often phenomenon, should we make credits as just an optional
function in the ARGdb (surely the ARGs listed without credits would have
lack of informations then)?
And should we perhaps list the credits after the ARG is ended?

Another 2 cents is, some of the ARGs of this anymous PM were collapsed, and
players researching in ARGdb about the actually running games could be
distracted from playing these games, if they read about some previously
collapsed ARGs by the same PM. But the thing is, the ARGs he finished were
so great and unique, that they could immediately counterbalance the
frequency of the collapsed games on the other side. How could we handle with
this meta-neutrality of the ARG entries (an ARG rating system could be the
wrong way I suppose, though)?