[arg_discuss] arg list

Hugh Davies marcus.helm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 07:18:07 EDT 2009

Here are concerns expressed to me by groups i have pitched ARG's at:

How proven are ARG's as either effective marketing tools or entertainment?
What is the proven outlay to success ratio?
How do we ensure that the games direction / narrative is not hijacked by
antagonistic players?
Isnt there a danger of fraud if people mistake the ARG for truth and cant we
be sued for damages if things go wrong?
Does anyone actually get ARG's?

>From an experience design POV, ARG's have a lot of room for people to become

bored or distracted from playing them?
Were'nt ARG's cool about 3 years ago - what new ideas do you have?

hugh