[arg_discuss] ARG_Discuss Digest, Vol 37, Issue 18

Nathan Mishler nathan at studiocypher.com
Thu Sep 25 13:44:11 EDT 2008

Hey Morgan,

In the past Studio Cypher has helped run a series of academic conferences
called Ludium that were all in real space, had a game element, and also an
argy sort of lore / alternate world component. We found that our players
(academics, games industry professionals, and lawyers among other things)
played the Ludium the way that ARG players approach args. Some tested
boundries and tried to figure out the limits of the game, some really got
into their role and roleplayed, and some really just wanted to get into the
"interesting bits."

You can see the rules and results for Ludium 2 here

http://www.studiocypher.com/pages/ludium

Indiana University is also currently running an arg with a big real world
component but it just launched and it's very local to the IU campus so I'm
not sure there's much to see or learn from just yet.