[arg_discuss] ARG website copyrights

Markus Montola Markus.Montola at uta.fi
Thu Sep 11 08:49:06 EDT 2008

Hello all!

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm writing a book with Jaakko Stenros and
Annika Waern on pervasive games. In our book, we also discuss ARGs.

Now that we plan to illustrate our book, we should probably obtain
copyrights for website screen captures -- maybe?

The question is: Do you think we should get written permissions
letter, as our publisher operates in USA. And the more important
question: Has anyone done this, and does anyone have an idea who (at
Microsoft ?) would have such info. I guess the games people are all
about Games for Windows and XBOX anyway...

So, anyone being able to give a tip here? Or, Elan, you might know
more about who holds The Beast rights? :-)

Best,

- Markus Montola