[arg_discuss] ARGology stuff

D B Wall dbwall at mac.com
Fri May 9 12:53:59 EDT 2008

I'd second Wendy's endorsement. The one-clicks on Dreamhost are pretty reliable.

But here's the caveat. Do NOT use the one-clicks if you intend to mod or otherwise customize the core code. Updates become a bear to manage in that environment.

Also, in regards to Joomla... if you've never used it, play with it before you commit to it. I used it for something similar to this. It lasted about 3 months before I got frustrated with its limitations and switched to something else. The demos make it look a lot more functional than it is. If your content is deeper than one layer and wider than a few channels, you might be underwhelmed by how it organizes and display things.

In the end, though, I think you'd want to go with the solution that's easiest for whoever is maintaining the site to use.