[arg_discuss] ARGology stuff

D. Cook me at addlepated.net
Thu May 8 15:45:01 EDT 2008

I've had terrible problems with one-click installations! A few months
ago I used Fantastico to install a forum for testing, then uninstalled
it via the Fantastico interface. It deleted the wrong database,
erasing an established forum with years of posts on it. Ay yi yi.

Upgrades can be a real pain, too. Just be very careful if you use it
and make sure you immediately update to the most current version. I've
found that most of the time, my host's Fantastico has old software on
it.

If it were me, I'd do it manually, or at most use one-click for
initial install and do updates and tweaks manually.