[arg_discuss] A possible way forward? - first steps

John Evans btradish at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 01:34:29 EDT 2008

>2) SOFTWARE + HOSTING

>As for software, I think a blog type style for the front part. (We can

>change this anytime of course.) The blog software is pretty easy to use for

>everyone, enables us to have posts indicating updates and pages for each

>initiative. Or perhaps someone recommends Moodle instead or some other

>software? And then have a wiki and forum as well.

>Who wants to host? It needs to be either free or at low cost. John Evans,

>did you put your hand up?

Well, I have my Dreamhost account where I host a few websites. I've already
set up WordPress, MediaWiki, PHPBB forums (both 2 and 3), registered domain
names and written custom PHP stuff, so I have some experience with it.
There's even other stuff you can easily install, like Moodle. (I don't know
what that is, but I can set it up for you.) Also, I've got all sorts of
disk space and bandwidth, and I'd be happy to share some for the ARG SIG.
The only actual expense would be registering the domain, which is $9.95 a
year...Heck, I could donate that too. ;) Or someone else could register
the domain and point it to the site.

--John Evans
Chaoseed Software - http://chaoseed.com