[arg_discuss] Social Interaction in ARGs

John Evans btradish at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 12 02:14:13 EDT 2008

>Hey everyone,

>The following is a resource I've been working on myself, but am thinking

>I'll add it in some way to the ARG Design section of ARGology. In it I draw

>on existing game design patterns for social interaction, and see how they

>apply to ARGs. The listing I have is just a quick draft.

>http://www.christydena.com/Primer/ARGDashboard_Interaction.html

>I'd love to hear you thoughts on examples to add, anything you don't agree

>with, and also how I should present the information. I don't find the manner

>I have presented it at the moment user-friendly. Should I move it to the

>ARGology wiki for instance?

That's awesome, Christy. It *does* seem like a good topic for the wiki, in
the sense that people who are experts in one game or another will be able
to talk about the activities involved in that particular game. I could
help out with moving it to the Wiki if you need some "grunt HTML/Wiki-code"
work done. ;)

Though, I have to be honest, I look at that chart and I think "So how can I
create a game that fills in some of these empty categories?". Hmmm...

--John Evans
Chaoseed Software - http://chaoseed.com