[arg_discuss] Next IRC Chat: Aug. 17

Wendy Despain wendeth at wendydespain.com
Tue Jul 29 14:47:39 EDT 2008

I think this is the only time we can get both the UK and Oz.

But I have to put in my thoughts about the day. Sundays just won't
work for me. I need time away from work and that's what my weekends
are for.

So I'm not saying you should plan the chat around me. Just providing
my apologies. If it's on Sunday, i can't make it.

Wendy Despain
quantumcontent.com

On Tue, July 29, 2008 11:12 am, Andrea Phillips wrote:

> As I figure it, 11pm in Britain. It's a tricky thing trying to find a

> time that works for people in the U.K. and in Australia; I know we've

> got both on the list...

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:31 PM, David Flor <dflor at dlimedia.com>

> wrote:

>> Not that it bothers me (I'm in Miami, Florida - Eastern Time US),

>> but isn't

>> that like 1am for England? Don't we have quite a few people across

>> the pond?

>> Tnx & Rgds...

>> David Flor ( dflor at dlimedia.com )

>> Darklight Interactive - http://www.dlimedia.com/

>> "Omne ignotum pro magnifico"

>> Andrea Phillips wrote:

>>> Hi, boys and girls! It's been a long time since we had a talk,

>>> hasn't

>>> it? So let's get back on the IRC bandwagon, shall we?

>>> I'm unilaterally calling for a SIG IRC chat on Sunday August 17,

>>> 2008

>>> at 6pm EST (U.S.), 3pm PST, 11pm BST, 8am Monday morning EST

>>> (Australia). Mark your calendars!

>>> Do let me know if I've embarrassingly picked a date that conflicts

>>> with some big conference everyone will be attending or some similar

>>> thing. If there's enough displeasure at my arbitrary date, I'm

>>> happy

>>> to reschedule.

>>> If you have items you'd like to see on the agenda, please let me

>>> know!

>>> Right now I've got nothin'.

>>> HOW TO GET ON IRC

>>> For those of us who may not be familiar with IRC, you first need to

>>> download a client such as mIRC for Windows (http://www.mirc.org/)

>>> or

>>> Colloquy for OSX (http://colloquy.info/downloads.html).

>>> When you have it downloaded and installed, you will need to connect

>>> a server. Ours is irc.chat-solutions.org. The port you will need is

>>> the default, 6667. Once you have a connection to the server, you

>>> need

>>> http://www.unfiction.com/chat/

>>> Just make sure to input #arg_sig into the channel field, plus your

>>> name &

>>> etc.

>>> If you've never used IRC before and you're a little worried, I'd

>>> encourage you to try it out ahead of time, it won't hurt anything.

>>> :)

>>> And feel free to email me if you're having trouble getting

>>> everything

>>> all set up.

>>> As always if you have anything you'd like to add to the agenda, or

>>> any

>>> other questions or comments, please post or email. Hope to see you

>>> all

>>> there!