[arg_discuss] Interactive story-telling via podcast

Colin McNee colinmcnee at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 19:59:27 EST 2008

Hi all,
I happened across this item this morning about customizing podcasts. It's a step closer to bringing interactive story telling to hand-helds like the iPhone/iPod Touch.
Apple looks towards personalized on-demand podcasts - AppleInsider
The caveat here is that for an interactive podcast to work as a hypertext story, it would have to do all of these things on the fly and from within the frame of the media viewer. As I red it, the viewers must pre-configure their choices prior to downloading it. Not what I'd define as fully interactive, but it's a step in the right direction, anyway. It isn't isn't quite ready for prime-time yet and isn't explicitly ARG-related, but I thought that it is one more way in which new media are blurring the distinction between games and narrative.

Have fun at the conference!
Colin