[arg_discuss] ARG at DiME 2008

Beth Aileen Dillon beth.a.dillon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:51:54 EST 2008

>From Peter Leahy:

Do you support Diversity in Media & Entertainment (DiME)?

Long and short of it GDC is too big and can't fit the depth into the
show that we feel this topic needs.

DiME 2008 seeks to raise awareness regarding diversity in media and
entertainment. The summit is being convened by Incubate Group Corp.
and a committee of like-minded individuals to talk about how far we
have come, where we are now, and how much further we have to go. The
fiscal agent of the show is Support Oakland Artists. More information
is at http://dime2008.com

DiME 2008 (Diversity in Media & Entertainment)
Historic Sweet's Ballroom
Downtown Oakland
10AM – 4PM (Summit)
4PM – 6PM (Community Game / ARG)
6PM – 9PM (Receptions)

This event if done right (which is the risk) could be transformative &
we finally now have enough data to prove there is a broader market. It
needed its own event. This is the event. Please check it out and come.
If you really support it – consider sponsoring it or if you feel moved
please donate.

Event is a non-profit production and all proceeds benefit the
following non-profits/charities:
* Support Oakland Artists, Special Fund for Art and Music in Oakland
Public Schools
* Centerforce
* Children's Fairyland
* Children's Hospital Oakland, Center for the Vulnerable Child
* Family Builders by Adoption
* Family Paths
* Youth Radio

You can read more about the recipients at:
http://dime2008.com/about/recipients/

It will be officially announced on Monday.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Beth Aileen Dillon