[arg_discuss] old skool question: The Beast

Christy Dena cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com
Mon Dec 15 19:49:19 EST 2008

Thank you Andrea! :)

-----Original Message-----
From: arg_discuss-bounces at igda.org [mailto:arg_discuss-bounces at igda.org] On
Behalf Of Andrea Phillips
Sent: Tuesday, 16 December 2008 00:48
To: Discussion list of the IGDA ARG SIG
Subject: Re: [arg_discuss] old skool question: The Beast

Reading between the lines, they were, yes, though it was never quite
spelled out. At that point in the game our actions were pretty much
all about stopping Loki.

Funny... as I recall, Loki was actually an ad hoc thing they threw
together as a time-delay measure because they were having problems
getting Eliza working the way they wanted to, in the timeframe they
had available. :)

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:41 PM, Christy Dena
<cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com> wrote:

> Hello folks!

> I have question for all The Beast masterminds out there. I didn't play The

> Beast and so rely on trawling through The Guide and The Trail (thanks to

the

> Hons!), Cloudmakers site & listserv and interviews etc. I have question

> about the Loki nightmare that I haven't been able to clarify.

> In an interview in Mark Meadows's book, Elan says they put out a call to

the

> players to help a character. It seems there were 3 calls that went out

from

> 3 characters: Laia, Mephista and Beelzebub

> (http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml#8.0laia). Were all of these

> calls for help referring to Loki?

> Thanks in advance!

> Regards,