[arg_discuss] Open Source ARGs

libfli at aol.com libfli at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 12:45:47 EDT 2008

just jumping in on one point here - perhaps it is the artist in me.. but i think it is always best to know as much as possible about whatever art form you're exploring -
imo it is best for those jumping onto the ARG bandwagon to at least play a game or two (or ten) before tossing out a game or storyworld.  pointing to other art forms -

would you make a film w/o ever having watched one... oh but you've read about it?  you could, but it would more than likely suck.  i would love for more and more people to

create good ARGs and push the ARG envelope -  and i think those who will make great ARGs and push those envelopes will be like the "creators" who do it for

other art forms - these creators will love the genre and have a passion for it and want to know as much as they can before they make the big step toward creating an ARG.

(stepping off my soap box)

Jan