[arg_discuss] Umm, wow... Far out.

Charles Kriel charles at kriel.tv
Wed Sep 26 17:24:40 EDT 2007

I¹m sure someone has pointed this out previously, but I¹ve just sidled up to
the bar.

Is this real? Any implications? :::

Title:
Immersive alternate reality game
Document Type and Number:
United States Patent 20060246970
Kind Code:
A1
Link to this page:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20060246970.html
Abstract:
An architecture for an alternative reality game that provides a revenue
stream to a game provider. A game objective and a narrative are defined as
is a set of collectible game pieces. The collectible game piece comprises a
unique identifier and a narrative element. The narrative element of at least
some of the collectible game pieces relates to the narrative. A puzzle and a
puzzle solution are assigned to the collectible game piece and the puzzle
and the puzzle solution are associated with the unique identifier. The
puzzle solution of at least some of the collectible game pieces relates to
achievement of the game objective. A player purchases a random assortment of
collectible game pieces and proffers proffers the unique identifier and a
proffered puzzle solution to a game provider server. If the proffered
solution is the puzzle solution, the game player is awarded points. A prize
is offered to a winning player achieving the game objective and having the
most points.

--
Dr Charles Kriel

Director - Black Swan Media

UNESCO World Summit Awards National Expert in New Media
www.wsis-award.org
wsa at kriel.tv

Pioneer Pro DVJ
www.DJsounds.com
charles at kriel.tv

How to DVJ: a digital DJ masterclass
Available March Œ07 from Elsevier / Focal Press
www.howtodvj.com

What is The Oculus?
Visit The Ocular Effect/Fallen ARG from the Disney/ABC Family Network
Featuring DVJ Kriel
www.oculareffect.com

Represented by UltraDJ Management
www.ultradj.co.uk