[arg_discuss] Trend 1: Broader Games

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:31:06 EDT 2007

OK, my goal for this weekend will be to write up trend #1, broader and
more accessible games. I've got a couple of examples of this in mind,
but I'm sure you guys could give me plenty more - so do my homework
for me, will ya? (I'm going to TRY to do one trend a week, and post
the draft for conversation/peer review the next week. But we'll see
where real life and intentions actually meet up on this.)

So please, tell me as many examples as you can think of, from the last
year or so, of games or experiences that are ARG-lite, or use strong
elements of ARGs, while arguably not going in for the whole kit and
kaboodle.

I'd call Save My Husband and the Heroes 360 Experience examples of
those; I'd consider calling the 1-18-08 campaign an example, too, but
I think it's probably safer to save judgment on what that is, exactly,
for after the curtain call.

What else have you got for me?

--Andrea