[arg_discuss] SIG Media Kit

Andrea Phillips deusexmachinatio at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 21:28:30 EDT 2007

During the IRC chat this evening, there was some enthusiasm for the
old idea of putting together a generic press kit for ARGs.

The purpose of this media kit would be twofold: Providing time-pressed
reporters with an easy set of resources when they're covering ARGs,
and providing small developer teams with information they can present
to a potential client when making a pitch for running an ARG. (This
may need to evolve into two separate press kits, but you tell me.)

I've put together a basic list of things that I think belong in such a
press kit. I'm thinking each of these things should be one-pagers,
nothing a volunteer couldn't do in one idle evening. Here it is:

* So what is an ARG, anyway?
* Benefits of running an ARG (marketing tool, corporate training)
* What ARGs have been used for
* The role of communities in an ARG
* ARGs by the numbers (metrics)
* ARG history (a quick timeline)
* Case studies (I'm thinking of a few half-page highlight reels, essentially)
* Important ARG communities and sites
* The role of the ARG SIG and the IGDA
* Design (can someone out there make all of this into a pretty, shiny
PDF once we've written the content?)

As usual, if you can think of something that really belongs in the kit
and isn't there, chime in. I'm sure I'm missing a couple of
somethings.

If you think you'd love to write any one section of the kit, respond
to this thread and just tell me which section you'd like to chip in
for and when you think you can do it by.

Thanks so much, everyone!