[arg_discuss] Book Chapter: Writing for ARGs

Bryan Alexander Bryan.Alexander at nitle.org
Fri Oct 5 07:48:01 EDT 2007

Looks good, Wendy.

Will the book's format let you do sidebars? If so, it might be worth having a couple for sample games (Metacortechs, World Without Oil perhaps) and sample puzzles.

TINAG: do you want to have a bit about the current controversies over it? If the book's aimed at designers, the boundaries of TINAG might give some readers a wider area to explore.

The most recent ARGnetcast had this terrific line about how search and community are the two basic tools of net literacy, and of ARGplay. Brilliantly aphoristic summary - might be worth mentioning.

OK, two plugs for Bryan interests:
1. Antecedents: always worth mentioning. :) Especially since there are games in that ancestry (http://www.igda.org/wiki/Alternate_Reality_Games_SIG/Whitepaper/Antecedents_to_Alternate_Reality_Games).
2. Web 2.0 storytelling: will this audience response to Web 2.0 language? If so, it might be worth using this approach, since storytelling is such a powerful meme.