[arg_discuss] English Gargoyle ARG?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Oct 3 15:08:39 EDT 2007

>> It's not that I /know/ it's not an ARG. It's that I'm a skeptic first

>> and more than willing to accept that it's something lame (whereas "lame"

>> is roughly defined as "woohoo, this has piqued my interest!", "oh. it's

>> THAT? jesus christ."). If it went further (and it certainly could with

> So, if you think it's cool it's an ARG, and if you think it's lame, it's

> not an ARG. It's not possible to have an ARG you personally think is kinda

> lame, but other people might enjoy? I object to defining argness by

What the hell? No, no, no. "THAT" here refers to stuff like "publicity
stunt" or "hoax" or "jeans commercial" or whatever - things that are not
an ARG (or turn into one) but are merely crying for attention. Not "the
content of the ARG is lame, so therefore it's not an ARG". The sentences
you didn't paste even say that if it did BECOME an ARG, I'd be happy
about it:

> the "artist is a hermit" angle), then it could develop into an ARG,
> sure. Am I going to hold my breath? Nope. If it does turn into
> an ARG, I'll be pleased (and, man, when 27.com put the UFO drone
> stuff as their background image, I was giddy! But that turned lame

Where you got this idea that I'm comparing "coolness of content" with
"it's just a publicity stunt [et. al] and not an ARG", I have no clue.

--
Morbus Iff ( is this a cut out bath-poster Morbus, or what? )
Enjoy my: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.60bwc.com/