[arg_discuss] Design a Game, Cure Cancer

Steffen P. Walz walz at arch.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 1 11:19:54 EDT 2007

hi adrian,

what a wonderful idea - congrats to the influential partner.

the idea for using ARGs & pervasive games for institutional
fundraising purposes is quite fascinating. back in 2005, we were
commissioned to create a pervasive game with ARG elements for our
university's fundraising body, the ETH Zurich Foundation. for a
number of reasons, we dropped the concept in the protoyping phase.
playing in swiss public spaces, esp. once gameplay includes chance /
lottery elements, easily conflicts with law...

but you can still have a look at some material at my website at
http://spw.playbe.com. click on pervasive (or play), then go to
"Fundraising Game" and scroll down for some videos, and a storyboard.

br,
spw