[arg_discuss] Loose fish project

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:15:04 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 7:41 AM, Adrian Hon <adrian at mssv.net> wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2007, at 15:23, Andrea Phillips wrote:

> > I'm starting to think (and I can't claim this thought is original)

> > that when people say 'ARG' the meaning they're trying to fumble

> > towards is something like 'natively cross-media content.'

> I don't think it's even as focused as that; I've seen people calling

> games that exist only on one medium an ARG.

You know, I almost said "digital native content," but that doesn't do
justice to things like ILB, where the entirely offline component is so
crucial. But yeah, a very unfocused term.

I think the piece of commonality in the kinds of things people want to
call ARGs is a sort of crossing of boundaries, though. 3D stories and
experiences, rather than 2D. Maybe we're at the point in history for
narrative where painting was in Europe when they suddenly understood
perspective.

Or maybe I should go make a pot of coffee. :)

--
Andrea Phillips
andrhia at gmail.com
http://www.deusexmachinatio.com