[arg_discuss] A Meta-ARG Website Idea

Christy Dena cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com
Tue Mar 6 05:29:11 EST 2007

Yes, you're right Kim, diegesis is a good way to describe it, but not
everyone knows it. I try to use terms that are in common use (have a widely
known and agreed meaning) when addressing a mixed audience.

Also, 'diegesis' in film theory relates, but 'diegesis' in literature
(Genette sense) is somewhat different.

Also, to complicate matters further...although many people use the terms
interchangeably, ingame and instory do not always equate to the same thing
(IMHO), there is a sliding scale, a continuum of fidelity and degrees of
regions that are in and out of the world...

I've never heard of 'kayfabe'! Cool!