[arg_discuss] ARG_Discuss Digest, Vol 22, Issue 3

D B Wall dbwall at mac.com
Fri Jul 6 20:15:02 EDT 2007

My bad. I didn't read all the way through the previous email. I got as far as "COPA" and replied.

Though, one thing to note: there are exceptions to the Rules. One of them being a one-time use exception in the case of contests.
But "contests" open a whole new can of legal worms, no matter what age group is the intended audience. Laws governining contests often conflict with privacy requirements.

That said, there's nothing that says an ARG has to require personal information.

When I was in high school, friends and I put on a Halloween thing every year. We would transform someone's house into something... creepy. Usually is was our neighbor's house, who happened to be the Fox Kids Club host. All the kids knew her and knew her house. They'd been there for parties and such all the time. But add a deductive story, some darkness, the proper props and leaf blowers in strategic locations and you have a totally different reality (and scary!). We didn't collect names. Everyone had fun. They were immersed. It's possible and I think what Wendy is looking for are examples of any that have been done...