[arg_discuss] PM-created listservs

Christy Dena cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com
Sun Jan 28 20:41:31 EST 2007

Hello Brian,

"most of the discussion board driven games used boards that provided
people the opportunity to "subscribe" via email or RSS to threads."

Ah yes. The 'push' aspect is definitely present in forums. You're right. I
was interested to see a specific example of a listserv created by a PM
because of the qualities that are unique to the form, and for comparative
purposes (players create them).

"Christy -- could it be you're looking for something that maybe precedes the
existence of ARG as a label? What features would a content creator have to
implement to count as a "proto-ARG" if their work were dated before the age
of say The Beast?"

You're dead right there. The characteristics I'm looking at do have a
history. And I like your example of the LambdaMOO. I'll see if I can
integrate that. The purpose of my question, however, is to check on any
ARG-specific examples. I'm listing the range of media used for gameplay
resources in ARGs -- by PMs for players, by players for players etc.

Thanks for your contribution.

Regards,
Christy