[arg_discuss] Long time lurker introducing

Thomas Svendsen thomasgrue at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 05:42:55 EST 2007

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to introduce myself...

I'm a student at Aalborg University in Denmark at a study program
called: "Human based informatics: Interactive media". I am currently
writing my master which deals with AGRs used as a tool for learning.

I am researching within the fields of game based learning, situated
learning, pervasive learning and experimental learning. What is mostly
interesting - from my point of view - is not the content of what is
learned, but what drives the "students" to commit themselves to the
learning situation and what sets their minds in "learning mode". I
believe that both "fun" and "games" are keywords in the answers to
question.

These fields and assumptions are therefore related to new media theory
and theory concerning arousal and presence.

Greetings from

Thomas Grue Svendsen