[arg_discuss] ARG SIG Chat Feb. 3 - Goals and SharingInfo/Techniques/Ideas

Colin Gehrig colin at colin.com.au
Wed Feb 7 06:12:16 EST 2007

I agree that the SIG doesn't really have a place directly communicating
with players. But on this point I think we can look a little more
broadly. One idea I have is for a 'press kit' for ARGs. Just general
info and history on the genre to help reporters. I feel like most
articles I read have information wrong, omitted or misinterpreted.
Evangelizing doesn't have to be a directly communicating to the target
audience. When a large/popular game comes along the press kit will help
lots (millions?) of readers/viewers to have a concise accurate picture
of the genre.

I think the IGDA's place as an independent body allows for a strong
platform to publish information from, and I'd like to see it used to
further the genre in the demonstrating commercial value etc.

-colin