[arg_discuss] Useful puzzle books?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Aug 2 17:42:29 EDT 2007

> "Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius" by Jorge Luis Borges from 1940 strikes me as

I would agree.

> I agree the overlay of wacky puzzles ontop of most ARGs these days is kind

> of redundant and over-used, but many ARG players seem to have come to

> expect it, and aren't sure it's "really an ARG" if there isn't a word

> puzzle to figure out in the first week.

Heh, heh. Comically, my teaser site, which launches today in suitable
there-is-no-curtain fashion, includes a word puzzle, but:

* it's not part of the ARG or story in any way.

* it's not mocked up as "part of the game" (ala Perplex City's
"ooh, let's make puzzles that Earthlings can solve, so we'll
use some of their own culture...").

* it's intended to assert my inspirations for this project.

This'll be up for realz in a few hours, so no qualms about:

http://www.60bwc.com/sites/all/modules/lxbwc/media/s1/puzzle-(wod-3)-1-large.png

It should be relatively easy for any existing ARG person, especially
those who happen to be familiar with any of said inspirations.

--
Morbus Iff ( earth? shxt and scrambled eggs. earth? )
aim: akaMorbus / skype: morbusiff / icq: 2927491 / jabber.org: morbus