[arg_discuss] Educational ARGs

Christy Dena cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com
Tue Oct 31 19:09:01 EST 2006

Hello Steffen,

No, I wasn't aware of your work. Great!

I put a call out on this list and at ARGN and a few places on the web
a few months ago, for researchers looking at ARGs to contact me about
the whitepaper section. There are researchers who are looking at ARGs
in education, so that is how there is some information about
education in there. However, there is not a separate section
outlining all the people who are teaching ARGs. The whitepaper was
current as to a few months ago -- and what I could dig up. That is
why I think a section on the ARG SIG website would be helpful -- to
provide up to date info about the emerging interest in the education
aspects.

The stuff you're doing looks great Steffen. But I do see Pervasive
games and augmented reality and alternate reality as different
genres. ARGs could be seen as a subset or parallel type of Pervasive
Games.

What do you see as the relationship between pervasive games,
augmented reality and alternate reality games?

Cheers,
Christy

>>> www.ChristyDena.com
>>> www.WriterResponseTheory.org