[arg_discuss] 2006 ARG SIG Whitepaper: Discussion

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:24:20 EST 2006

On 30/11/06, Colin Gehrig <colin at colin.com.au> wrote:

> At the moment I'm stuck at this sentence: "ARGs are something quite

> different, fusing religion's TINAG principle with both the active

> pleasures of gaming and the more passive pleasures of art; a combination

> which potentially calibrates them for pleasure, participation, and thus

> for profits, at a level even WoW might envy."

> What is religion's TINAG principle?

"TINAG" as in This Is Not A Game.

"religion's TINAG" as in there is an aspect to most religions that is
similar to the TINAG concept, that of believing in a reality beyond
the reality you can manifestly discover, that you cannot empirically
detect or question.

I'm hoping that the essay that this came from will get published soon;
c.f. earlier response on this subject.

> Sorry if this discussion isn't supposed to happen on the list. (But it

> seems relevant)

This discussion is perfect for the list :). Ask away...

Adam