[arg_discuss] New Book: Project MU archives

Steve Peters steve88 at vpmusic.com
Wed Nov 29 02:04:24 EST 2006

Hey everyone,

Forgive me if this is a dupe. Sent this originally on the 22nd, but it
didn¹t go through for some odd reason. :/

I wanted to make you all aware of a book that¹s just been released on
November 22nd: The Project Mu Archives.

This book chronicles the Project Mu (metacortechs.com) alternate reality
game experience from the perspective of seven players, with supplementary
comments from the puppetmasters of the game. It is a great account of an ARG
from initial rabbit hole discovery to endgame, from the players¹
perspective.

I¹d highly recommend this book to anyone interested in ARG design over any
other resource, as it documents the player experience in high detail (218
pages), stepping through specific events and puzzles throughout the course
of the 8-week game.

It¹s just been made available at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/content/497362

Steve

PS-Disclaimer: Yeah, I was a PM on this game, but was not involved in the
publication of this book in any way. But hey, our players WROTE A BOOK about
our game, how cool is that? :)

Steve Peters
Experience/Game Designer
42 Entertainment, LLC

Bay Area: 5900 Hollis Street | Suite G | Emeryville, CA 94608
LA: 1 South Fair Oakes Avenue | Suite 200 | Pasadena, CA 91105
T   818.422.4898
F   626.356.1940
steve at 42entertainment.com
www.42entertainment.com