[arg_discuss] [sig] UK ARG Group Gathering - Brighton, Develop Conference July 2006

Adam Martin adam at mindcandydesign.com
Wed May 3 05:52:09 EDT 2006

After the success of our GDC event, it's the UK's turn :) - the first
Develop Conference (http://www.developconference.com/) takes place 11th
to 13th July in Brighton, and we're having another ARG SIG Group
Gathering (thanks to Jason and IGDA).

Leaving aside the *terrible* joke on the conference website ("SEA ++"),
Brighton can be fantastic in the summer, so ... beg/bribe your bosses to
let you come - the conference venue is literally on the sea front.
They've got Susan Marshall (previously long-time organizer of GDC in the
US) running it, so I reckon it's going to be a good one.

And, of course, I'd love to see as many of you there as possible - the
GDC event worked really well with a 50/50 mixture of experienced PMs and
non PMs, so that there were plenty of questions and answers from plenty
of different perspectives.

FYI Develop is the UK games-industry magazine aimed at developers that
technically speaking has always competed with Game Developer /
Gamasutra, but was always too small in content and scope, but in the
last 5 years has grown a lot and now is a decent alternative each month.

--
Adam Martin
ARG SIG Chair