[arg_discuss] [pm] Commercial vs. Grassroots, Player or PM?

krystyn at glitterbook.com krystyn at glitterbook.com
Fri Mar 31 19:21:32 EST 2006

Brooke wrote:

> Perhaps I (and the Lockjaw team) am unique in the grassroots world, though I
> doubt it, but when we made Lockjaw there was no ARG community to earn
> prestige with. We came together because we loved the Beast and we loved the
> idea of the potential of these games as enjoyable narrative play
> experiences, though I don't believe that any of us quantified it in that
> manner... we just really thought it was all pretty damn cool. And it came at
> a time when we each had creative needs that needed fulfilled.

Ditto to the nth degree. Brooke perfectly described my Lockjaw experience, right there.

Andrea, could you explain a little more what you mean by the currency of prestige, specifically
how you're applying it to this genre and (I guess) the Unfiction community?

Because if I've been missing out on free chocolate, booze, and women all this time, I'd really
like to know about it. ;)

Krystyn