[arg_discuss] Budgets

Michael Monello mike at haxan.com
Fri Jun 16 14:20:06 EDT 2006

The Legend of the Sacred Urns was done in French, Spanish, US
Spanish, UK English, German, Italian, Japanese, and Chinese and
probably a couple other languages I'm forgetting. We used a NY based
translation service and the biggest issue was turnaround time and
context. Fortunately, we had localized people reading and verifying
the translations. Cultural context is a big one -- for example in
English we used the word "gypsy" and when they translated it to
Italian they used a word with very negative cultural connotations
which only the local reader caught.

Turnaround time for all of it was extensive (I seem to recall a
little over a week from turning in the English copy), and it required
heavy management.

Best,

Mike
haxan | films | http://www.haxan.com