[arg_discuss] ARG SIG News Dec 2006: whitepaper, talks, call for volunteers

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 1 12:48:20 EST 2006

ARG SIG News - December 2006

Whitepaper
----------------
The 2006 whitepaper is now online on the http://igda.org/arg site.

We're looking for volunteers to start transferring this to the wiki -
or, at the very least, to extract the parts that change most rapidly
(summaries of recent ARGs, for instance) and update them on the main
igda.org website. Please email arg_sig @ igda.org if you would like to
take on either of these jobs.

Talks
----------------
For anyone who missed it, Elan Lee (of 4orty2wo) gave a talk last
month at the Montreal Games Summit. You can see a video of the
complete talk here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/elan%20lee/video/xmb28_elan-lee

We're also looking for someone to volunteer to gather up the other
ARG-related talks, and where necessary get them onto the FTP space
kindly setup by the folks at GMD Studios (or elsewhere as
appropriate/required), and write short descriptions of each to go on
the igda.org website. Again, email arg_sig @ igda.org if you would
like to take this on.

Awards
----------------
Finally ... working on the whitepaper, we realised there were a lot of
awards and nominations for ARGs but there appears to be no central
list of them, and many of them it is hard to find anything more than
passing or clearly incorrect references as to: status (nominated, or
won?), actual award (title? awarding organization? year?), background
info (receiving org? explanation for award? reason for winning?), etc.

Again, if anyone would like to put this together, we already have a
provisional list of around 15 definite and possible awards which I can
forward to you. From there it's just a case of checking them out,
finding weblinks where possible, and adding any other awards you can
find. Email to the usual address, please...

PS: for all the PM's out there who've won awards for their games, it
would help enormously if you could send us a definitive list of award
info (year/date of awards ceremony, official title, project, winning
status, any relevant links, etc). Anything at all would be better than
nothing, but the more you send, the more likely we'll get it right
(and that it will get included!)

Adam