[arg_discuss] ARG Whitepaper - call for authors: deadline 1 week

adam adam at mindcandydesign.com
Mon Apr 24 17:39:16 EDT 2006

[please feel free to re-post this elsewhere if you think appropriate]

5 broad areas - history, design, market, commercial, and technology.
Within those areas, if there's a topic you'd like to write on that's not
covered, please go ahead and suggest it (details below).

In particular, there's nothing currently on the educational side, and
very little on the commercial and technology sides.

  X = someone has already volunteered to write on this topic

ARG Genre
   - genre description
   X history / timeline

Design
   X relationships with: interactive fiction, MMORPG's, static fiction
   - staff skillsets / recruiting an ARG team
   - design techniques and tools
   X audience

Market
   - sub-genre categorization
   X launched games current and recent
   X player numbers in ARGs

Commercial
   - business models past and present

Technology
   - security and hacking

I need an outline from each author for each topic. This should be approx
300 words describing the main sections, including a brief summary of the
overall aims of the topic. If you have an idea for a topic not listed
above, please email me a 300 word outline.

I'd like outlines from all authors by the end of this week; if you'd
like to write on a topic but cant get an outline by then, drop me an
email anway and we'll sort something out. Any other questions or
queries, email me.

Adam Martin
ARG SIG Chair