[arg_discuss] [social] New York Meeting & IGDA Events

John Evans btradish at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 02:11:00 EDT 2006

>For those of us in the NY area or who come here for fun, now that
>we're out of the shadow of GDC and BEFORE we hit the shadow of E3,
>when is good for a nice friendly social? Sometime in the next couple
>of weeks? Are Friday nights awful for other people? Is there anybody
>out there? :)

One event that wasn't listed is the Game Programming Meetup, which
is sort of a spinoff IGDA chapter or something...anyway, it's really
pretty informal; a bunch of people meet together to talk about their
own game development projects (usually hobby projects so far) and
various topics in game development. On one occasion I gave a small
lecture about ARGs, kind of an introduction to the subject. It seemed
to go over well.

What: New York City Game Programming April Meetup
When: Tuesday, April 18 at 6:15PM
Where: web2zone (Internet Cafe & Video Game Center)
54 Cooper Sq (Cafe Area)
New York NY 10003
212-614-7300
Web2Zone Door Cost: $3.00 per person (usually several people are
more than willing to pay the fee for others, so that's not an issue)

Other than that...any time is good for me, long as I have a bit of
warning. This Thursday will not be good. Friday would be okay.
That's about all I have to say. :)

--John