[arg_discuss] Stranger Adventures

Adrian Hon adrian at mssv.net
Sat Apr 8 06:47:19 EDT 2006

On 8 Apr 2006, at 03:46, Michelle Senderhauf wrote:

> It's the type of "ARG" I could see someone like my mom getting
> into. The puzzles aren't complicated encryptions and you don't have
> characters calling you at 3am.

The thing is, I don't think many ARGs these days actually have
complex encryptions or characters calling you at 3am. Pretty much all
ARGs that call you are opt-in (e.g. PXC, Regenesis) and I have
noticed a serious drop-off in the number of ultra-hard encryption
puzzles. The issue is more in the presentation of content and the
gameplay experience.

Adrian

--
Adrian Hon - mssv.net
Executive Producer and Director of Play, Mind Candy