[arg_discuss] Talkin' about UF

Dan Hon dan at mindcandydesign.com
Wed Apr 5 03:37:06 EDT 2006

On 5 Apr 2006, at 00:06, adam wrote:

> Michael Monello wrote:
>> But here is an even bigger difference -- the community that
>> surrounded BW (which is world-wide, still active and still quite
>> large), probably would not identify themselves as "gamers" even
>> though they actively and passionately played the game.
>
> As one of our players said in response to the question "What other
> Alternate Reality Games do you play?" ... "None. I don't play games".

This is in response to some back-of-the-envelope market research we
did late last year. We asked a sample of our new players (signups
within 2 weeks prior to sending out the questionnaire) whether they'd
ever played an Alternative Reality Game before: none of them had,
most of the answers were along the lines of "What's an alternate
reality game" and one good one which was: "I'm not a geek, I wouldn't
play anything like that!" These were all people who also said they
were following PXC not just because of the cards, but were also
interested in the story.

Dan